1) The anthrax attacks targeted the US Democrat Senators who opposed Ashcroft's PATRIOT ACT:
October 2, 2001 (B): The "anti-terrorism" Patriot Act is introduced in Congress, but is not well received by all. [Patriot Act, 10/2/01] One day later, Senate Majority Leader and future anthrax target Tom Daschle (D) says he doubts the Senate will take up this bill in the one week timetable the administration wants. As head of the Senate, Daschle has great power to block or slow passage of the bill. Attorney General Ashcroft accuses Senate Democrats of dragging their feet. [Washington Post, 10/3/01] On October 4, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman and future anthrax target Patrick Leahy (D) accuses the Bush administration of reneging on an agreement on the anti-terrorist bill. Leahy is in a key position to block or slow the bill. Some warn that "lawmakers are overlooking constitutional flaws in their rush to meet the administration's timetable." Two days later, Ashcroft complains about "the rather slow pace 'over his request for law enforcement powers' Hard feelings remain." [Washington Post, 10/4/01] The anthrax letters to Daschle and Leahy are sent out on October 9 and difficulties in passing the Act continue (see October 9, 2001).
2) The anthrax was from a US Army or defense contractor site, and the killer a trained scientist from the US (illegal) bioweapons program.
"This suggests that the anthrax was already in hand, and the attack largely planned, before Sept 11." Federation of American Scientists
3) The anthrax disruption of Congress allowed the US PATRIOT act to pass without it even being read!
"It's my understanding the bill wasn't printed before the vote - at least I couldn't get it. They played all kinds of games, kept the House in session all night, and it was a very complicated bill. Maybe a handful of staffers actually read it, but the bill definitely was not available to members before the vote."
4) Woolsey, Perle and Wolfowitz used anthrax from Iraq as a reason to attack Iraq. Perle supported the Anthrax-Iraq theory in the Daily Telegraph:
But he (Perle) made clear that he believed there were "substantial and growing indications" that a state was behind the attacks. The milled, "weaponised" anthrax that virtually shut down Congress and killed two postal workers has increased his suspicions.
5) There are only a handful of people it could be, as the anthrax was weaponized by the US procedure. There is one main suspect that has not even been questioned by the FBI. Perhaps he knows too much, or is an Asset.
6) Now that we know that the state that was behind the attacks was the United States, there is a total media/govt/FBI silence - total. The silence is total in the entire world's mainstream media - the last piece was from the BBC and it was mainly disinformation: "FBI baffled!"
So in summary: the US Army and clandestine community are using anthrax to pass the most draconian peacetime legislation in US history. The US congress and media say nothing. The rest of the world says nothing, not even about the violation of the 1972 biological weapons treaty which categorically bans even the possession of weaponized stocks.
There was only one good line in the BBC story (albeit inadvertently)
Or perhaps it points the finger at terrorists who are now regrouping and waiting for the next chance to strike.
Inadvertently, because the terrorists are in the American military, and they're not "waiting".
Search the index for anthrax.